Delcam Selected for Membership in Okuma Partners in THINC
Delcam, the developer of the PartMaker, PowerMILL and FeatureCAM ranges of CAM software among others, has been selected for membership in Okuma America’s Partners in THINC, a collaborative network of over 40 companies that service the metal-cutting and manufacturing industries with specialised software, equipment and expertise, plus a commitment to solve problems and increase productivity for end users. With Okuma's open architecture, PC-based THINC®-OSP control as its nucleus, Partners in THINC strive to provide the best possible integrated solutions to their end users.
Delcam’s CAM solutions are used by a variety of leading Okuma customers across a broad spectrum of industries and applications. Benefits of Delcam software include:
• Faster part programming on any Okuma CNC machine;
• Reduced set-up times by proving out programs off-line rather than on the machine tool;
• Improved part quality by using advanced machining strategies to achieve superior surface finishes;
• Shorter production times by using sophisticated, high-speed machining strategies;
• Automated creation of set-up sheets and other manufacturing documentation.
"We are excited to announce our new partnership with Delcam,” said Jeff Estes, Director of Partners in THINC. "The company’s expertise and dedication to helping manufacturers obtain the highest level of profitability possible through its CAM technology, makes it a great addition to Partners in THINC.”
"The opportunity to partner with Okuma in this manner is a unique opportunity for both of our organisations,” added Delcam’s Chief Executive, Clive Martell. "By joining forces with Okuma in this manner, we will have the opportunity further improve our products’ integration with Okuma machine tools and controls, so allowing Okuma users to become even more productive when using our software to program their machine tools.”
18 September 2013