Delcam is one of the world's leading suppliers of advanced product development solutions for manufacturing industry and part of the Autodesk group. The company has grown steadily since being founded formally in 1977, after initial development work at Cambridge University. It is now the largest developer of product design and manufacturing software in the UK, with subsidiaries in North America, Europe and Asia.
Delcam's software is used by more than 45,000 organisations in over 90 countries. These customers range from multi-national corporations to independent designers and toolmakers, and come from a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, automotive, electrical appliances, footwear, ceramics, packaging, toys and sports equipment, jewellery and signmaking. Delcam has long been recognised as a specialist provider of design solutions for companies using complex aesthetic and ergonomic shapes, as well as being the world’s leading supplier of CADCAM systems to the toolmaking industry and an innovative developer of advanced machining software.
The job is based at Delcam Headquarters in Birmingham. 300 staff are based at this site which houses both the company Headquarters and the UK Sales Operation. Staff onsite include Software Developers, Applications Engineers, Overseas Support, Marketing and Admin Support.
Delcam have converted office space into a Conference Venue which is used by Delcam and then marketed as a venue for conferences, training, meetings etc. Centrelink House conference venue is managed by the Marketing Department. See www.centrelinkhouse.co.uk for further information.
The role will include involvement in all UK marketing activities.
Centrelink House Conference Venue
- Assisting with the booking of events in the Conference Venue
- Registering and assisting customers using the Conference Venue
Analysis of response and effectiveness of all UK marketing activities
Assisting with UK public relations activities, including
- Preparation and distribution of newsletters
- Preparation of material for the Delcam UK web site – www.delcam.co.uk
- Checking Delcam's customer/prospect database, to ensure all data is up to date and correct
Seminar Organisation and Administration
Assisting with organisation and administration of events such as prospect seminars, press conferences and user meetings, including:-
- Liaising with third parties to book venues and catering
- Liaising with external participants and booking of engineers and equipment
- Co-ordination of event promotion, including preparation and mailing of invitations
- Seminar administration, including event registration, hosting events, production of delegate packs
- Preparation and analysis of feedback forms from participants
- Maintaining financial records
Assisting with organisation of UK exhibitions, including:-
- Booking of stand peripherals, such as furniture, carpeting, power supply, etc
- Liaison with third parties for loan, delivery and collection of equipment
- Co-ordination of staff rotas for stand construction, manning and break-down
- Co-ordination of delivery and collection of graphics and equipment
- Maintaining financial records
Provide occasional general assistance to the International marketing team and to the UK Sales Department.
- Excellent command of written English with copy accuracy.
- Confident and outgoing personality.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Very well organised and self-motivated.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
A competitive salary is offered.
Contact Name: Personnel Dept, Contact Email: NA
Contact Address: Apply online only please by clicking here